We are currently looking for a Revenue Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Haunted Encounters tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Revenue Analyst is responsible for providing the Director of Revenue with ship wide reports that drill down micro levels of segment revenue utilizing Evolution Hospitality’s proprietary technology in order to maximize RevPAR, RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories, market mix and pricing strategies. In addition, the Revenue Analyst will produce reports that will provide the Director of Revenue Management with the tools necessary to make ship-wide decisions for revenue growth opportunities in all areas; a focus on Total Hotel Revenue Management, which includes special events, attractions, parking, space utilization, food, beverage, retail and other revenues, in support of Evolution Hospitality’s financial goals.
Key responsibilities of the Revenue Manager position include:
- Development of reports to analyze total ship revenues by segment; to include room revenue, meeting space, catering, menu pricing, attraction tickets, special events, parking and facility fee.
- Consistently looking for areas to increase revenue opportunities
- Monitoring and understanding the pricing of competitors, the dynamics of the local market, and demand generators
- Implementing rate/inventory and strategy changes in all channels
- Building of rate codes in PMS and links in booking engine
- Bi-Annual audit of GDS and OTA sites for content accuracy
- Analyzing and reviewing monthly and weekly STAR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results
- Updating and Communicating black-out calendars to FIT Partners
- Leveraging Evolution Hospitality’s proprietary technology to drive superior results
- Working with Director of Revenue on the development of all pricing and market mix strategies
- Providing analysis for decisions based on historical data and current trends
- Assisting in the development and execution of a strategic plan and the annual operating plan for the ship
- Providing data to assist the Director of Revenue and the Executive team in identifying need dates, pace by day, monitoring and adjusting group pricing strategies, preferred patterns, and unit utilization
- Working with various departments to demonstrate how to maximize revenues and profitability
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
- Fanatically analytical; extremely comfortable manipulating data
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- Someone that can easily identify and utilize emerging trends and technology to generate revenue and maximize profitability.
- A balanced individual interested in embracing our unique environment that weights your cultural fit equally with your results
The minimum qualifications for the Revenue Manager position are:
- Hospitality experience preferred
- College degree (BS/BA) preferred
- Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Above average Excel knowledge; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.