We are currently looking for an Entertainment Events Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks, including nine full suites, which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants, including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as the ScotsFestival, Dark Harbor, CHILL and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
This position will work closely with the Director of Entertainment Events and other Events Managers to support the successful production of events aboard The Queen Mary as well as on the 45-acre adjacent property.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the production and execution of Queen Mary Signature Events
- Managing event logistics to provide flawless execution
- Developing and implementing events across functional groups including leading team meetings, keeping and tracking timelines and project logs, and performing general project management
- Developing and distributing RFPs and managing the process of selecting vendors
- Working with other departments/agencies in order to produce, ensure quality and deliver a high quality signature event
- Analyzing event and project implementation and operation and making recommendations for improvement in order to ensure guest satisfaction and internal efficiencies
- Representing The Queen Mary at various meetings and events and with vendors/clients
- Ensuring appropriate scheduling of Queen Mary staff and volunteers
- Coordinating logistics of day-of-event production (load-in, strike, etc)
- Providing regular reports to Director
- Conducting follow-up meetings and preparing analysis of results
- Other duties as assigned by Management
If you have an extensive background in the events industry , have existing vendor relationships and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for.
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Three to five years of experience in a similar management role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational capabilities to successfully execute a multi-day event requiring coordination across numerous teams
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- High levels and respect for other company functions and the ability to work well with them as a team
- Ability to work occasional nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.