ART DECO FESTIVAL - LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2013
Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2013
"Can't repeat the past?...Why of course you can!"
- Jay Gatsby
Celebrate the opulence of an era immortalized in F. Scott Fitzgerald's literary classic "The Great Gatsby" during the Ninth Annual Queen Mary Art Deco Festival presented in association with the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles.
This magical weekend “cruise” aboard the last of the great Maritime Monarchs will transport you back to the Golden Age
of Travel for a magical weekend at “sea,” far away from the daily grind. The weekend is filled with tours, lectures, dances, cocktails and so much more.
Weekend schedule | Buy Tickets | Hotel Package
The Queen Mary features some of the grandest, most intricate and beautiful interior designs ever aboard an ocean liner. Influenced by the Art Deco movement of the 1920s and 30s, the interior design includes strong curves and geometric forms representing elegance, glamour, function and modernity.
The Art Deco design was further enhanced by the use of over 50 different types of woods from all over the world, which earned the Queen Mary the nickname, the "Ship of Woods." Art plays a prominent role in the décor of the Queen Mary with elaborate murals, paintings, sculptures and wood carvings found throughout the ship. Today, the Queen Mary is widely considered one of the best examples and landmarks of Art Deco style in the world.
- Grand Passport (Art Deco Weekend Pass) -$295 per person - BUY
- Art Deco Lecture Series and Day Boarding Pass - $29 per person - BUY SAT | SUN
- Double Decker Art and Martini Tour - $39 per person - BUY
- Art Deco Derby and Pajama Party - $19 per person - BUY
- Grand Art Deco Ball - $159 per person - BUY
- Art Deco Grand Ball - Table of 10 - $1,499 per table - BUY
- Starlight Lounge After-party - $29 per person - BUY
- Swinging Tea Dance - $29 per person - BUY
- Art Deco Walking Tour - $15 per person - BUY
- Vintage Movie and Martini Bar Under the Stars - $15 per person - BUY
Vintage Bazaar Vendors
- Vendor Booth Rental 10x10 - $299 - BUY
- Vendor Booth Rental 10x20 - $399 - BUY
- Vendor Booth Rental 20x20 - $499 - BUY
- Vendor Booth Rental 20x30 - $599 - BUY
Includes access to the ship, Cocktails in Historic Places Welcome Reception, Deco Derby & Pajama Party, Art Deco Lecture Series (Saturday & Sunday), QM Art Deco Strolling Tour (choose one), Art Deco Ball, Sunday Tea Dance, Vintage Movie & Martini Bar Under the Stars, Art Deco Bazaar & Vintage Auto Display, and Bon Voyage Send-off with Sara Klotz de Aguilar and two-night stay aboard the Queen Mary.