Night Manager : Queen Mary
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Night Manager to join our team the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Night Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel during the night shift to ensure guest service standards are met and that the hotel assets are secured and protected.Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing a welcoming, friendly and safe environment for all hotel guests and colleagues
- Enforcing hotel policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Supervising nightly operations to include monitoring activities to ensure that standards are being met, team members are being supported and guest needs are met
- Resolving team member questions or issues
- Assisting other departments as needed in order to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
- Performing front desk duties and night audit duties as necessary
- Ensuring procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security
- Ensuring daily transaction are reconciled in accordance with our established accounting procedures
- Responding to guest issues, complaints, or problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction and quality service
- Distributing daily reports in a timely manner to the appropriate recipients and following up on any discrepancies
- Taking action in all matters related to safety, security, safety and well being of hotel guests and team members without requiring special direction; responding swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation
- Conducting periodic walk-throughs of the hotel to ensure the appearance reflects highly on the hotel
- Communicating with General Manager and other department heads about opportunities during the shift; following through on any pending issues
The ideal Night Manager candidate will have full knowledge of the guest service/night function and previous hotel management experience. If you are guest focused and passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Previous hotel management experience required; night audit experience preferred
- Ability to lead, delegate and effectively supervise crew members
- Must be willing and have the ability to work overnight shifts
- Exceptional guest interaction skills and the maturity to deal with a diverse group of group of guests and team members
- Highly organized, career and results oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignments and additional duties
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
- Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required and Spanish desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer