IT Manager: Queen Mary
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an Attractions Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
Key responsibilities of an IT Manager include:
- Providing support for computer and mobile end-users. Particular emphasis is on supporting computers in a Windows Active Directory domain. Does this through the use and management of IT ticket tracking system. Prioritizes all tickets in response to priorities established by Executive Management Team. Offers help in a way that further educates the end-user, elevates overall technology acumen and leads to a less “help desk reliant” workforce.
- Working with various Queen Mary departments to ensure smooth delivery of technology resources for all special events.
- Researching new technologies, attending conferences and working with the Director of Finance and Evolution IT team to recommend, design and implement innovative, cost effective technology solutions for the Queen Mary. Works at the direction of Evolution VP of IT to ensure compliance with PCI.
- Supervising the daily activities of IT Specialist. Works with VP of IT to identify and develop training opportunities.
- Coordinating 3rd party vendors to include working with various vendors including low-voltage cablers, telecommunications providers, and software, hardware and other technology vendors to respond to IT needs of property as determined by Director of Finance, Evolution IT Team and the Queen Mary Leadership Team.
- Working with the Queen Mary Leadership Team to ensure that IT operations are aligned with business needs. Adjust IT department priorities as necessary in response to direction.
- Performing task force work as necessary. May be required to travel periodically to support other hotels including hotel acquisitions and divestitures. Work may include: racking and stacking network and server equipment, toning and terminating cabling, creating new use accounts, joining computers to domains, training, etc.
- Utilizing the Key Success Factor process to prioritize strategies and tactics and coordinate efforts to extend personal goals and those of the department.
- Managing our In-House Phone system
- Active Directory and Exchange knowledge including Windows authentication to AD, Windows file and print sharing required
- Printer / peripheral device troubleshooting skills
- Networking experience with TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with wireless peripherals/devices especially mobile devices (Blackberry's, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
- The candidate should be a self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to manage technical events from open through closure
- Critical thinking and problem solving/troubleshooting skills a must
- Excellent communication skills Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to work with others and help them understand things from a “non-technical” point of view.
- Ability to meet varying schedules due to nature of the hospitality industry. This may include working extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
Preferred & Required Experience:
- AA or equivalent experience
- A+, Network+, and Microsoft certifications preferred
- 3-5 years progressive experience in the IT industry, working on and supporting end users in a windows domain environment.
- 2-3 years of supervision experience.
- Experience in supporting multi-branch locations
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry a definite asset.
An Equal Opportunity Employer