Executive Housekeeper: Queen Mary
We are currently looking for an Executive Housekeeper to lead the Housekeeping Team at The Queen Mary.
As an Executive Housekeeper, you’ll be responsible for providing supervision, direction and leadership for all housekeeping activities of the hotel while ensuring the highest level of cleanliness for our guests.
As an Executive Housekeeper, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining cleanliness and an attractive appearance in guest accommodations and public spaces in accordance with brand standard.
- Supervising all housekeeping associates.
- Inspecting all rooms and correcting deficiencies.
- Maintaining proper inventory of linen and supplies, purchasing needed linen and supplies while staying within budget.
- Communicating with front desk for early arrivals and departures, extended stays on timely manner.
- Administering monthly safety trainings and updating safety binders, attending safety training.
- Attending staff meetings, performing daily pre-shift meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Creating weekly schedules for room attendants, housemen, and laundry staff.
- Approving and submitting payroll.
- Analyzing daily labor report.
- Interviewing, selecting and training new housekeeping associates
- Processing new hire paper work for new employees.
- Coaching and counseling associates as needed.
- Providing proper training to new associates.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Housekeeper position will meet the following criteria:
Job requirements include:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of Housekeeping Director or Manager experience required
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Experience working in a union environment a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid scheduling experience
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to create an enjoyable work environment including mentoring, multi-tasking, strong motivational skills
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
An Equal Opportunity Employer