About Evolution Hospitality
About Evolution Hospitality Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an Attractions Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As the Attractions Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Attractions Department.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Attractions Department to ensure guest and crew member satisfaction
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge and historical knowledge of the Queen Mary
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
• Overseeing training for the ship’s tour guides, attendants and Ship’s Officers
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
• Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing team members
• Evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
• Setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members
• Maintaining ticket inventories and controls for daily admission and special events
• Communicating pertinent information to team by conducting monthly department meetings and organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Participating in the monthly forecast of revenues and expenses for the Attraction Department
The ideal candidate for the Attractions Manager position will meet the following criteria:
• 3 – 5 years of industry experience in a management role preferred
• Experience leading a year round, multi-shift team required
• Experience with scheduling multiple job classes and multiple shifts required
• Experience managing in a union environment preferred
• Experience with computerized ticket sales
• Working knowledge of Siriusware a plus
• Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data to insight and then into action
• Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer