Assistant Director Food & Beverage: Queen Mary
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently in search of a talented and experienced Assistant Director of Food & Beverage to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s, Promenade Café, Chelsea Chowder House & Bar, Observation Bar and Tea Room; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for collaborating, partnering with and supporting the Director of Food and Beverage with the overall operation of the Food and Beverage team to include, but not limited to, directing and organizing the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her team and driving a positive work environment. In addition, this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing revenues.
As Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, your duties will include:
- Overseeing multiple outlets
- Directly supervising all food and beverage crew members including outlet management, service team members, and room service crew members
- Ensuring a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in crew members and cleanliness of all food and beverage outlets
- Implementing effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs among all sub-departments
- Monitoring and assessing service and satisfaction trends, evaluating and addressing issues, and making improvements accordingly
- Analyzing, interpreting and acting on daily, monthly and annual financial reporting
- Submitting all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports in a timely manner
- Assisting in the development of menus for promotional and/or special events
- Maintaining effective communication, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Creating a positive environment in which all crew members have the ability to maximize their potential
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with crew members, guests, local community members, and vendors
- Performing the duties of the Director of Food and Beverage in the absence of the Director
If you’re an experienced, high energy hotel professional and a creative, innovative thinker, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 8 years of senior food and beverage management experience at a property of similar size and quality
- Extensive experience in restaurant bar, banquet, stewarding, kitchen, sales, catering and management required
- Ability to oversee multiple outlets
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and react to changes in volume and revenues
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and purchasing
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
An Equal Opportunity Employer