Catering Sales Manager : Queen Mary
We are currently looking for a Catering Sales Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As a Catering Sales Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for detailing groups and ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing local corporate and social group business.
Key responsibilities of a Catering Sales Manager include:
- Pursuing new and repeat catering business that fits the hotel sales parameters per guidelines established by the Director of Catering and/or Director of Sales
- Handling catering sales for meetings and special events
- Establishing a strong networking presence within the local hotel community
- Developing and engaging in relationship-driven and long term business relationships
- Creating awareness of groups in all internal staff, communicating information with other hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing
- Providing personal attention to clients while they are at the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Developing relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
- Assisting in the development of banquet menus and pricing
- Conducting site inspections with potential clients
- Maintaining accuracy of Catering information in DELPHI
- Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
The ideal Catering Sales Manager candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Catering Sales Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for! The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various cultural social events including, but not limited to weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and fraternal organization meetings
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer